Better builds with Maven, the first book on Maven2 has been officialy released (see the thread on TSS).
Better Builds with Maven is a comprehensive ‘How-to’ guide for using Maven 2.0 to better manage the build, test and release cycles associated with software development. The chapters include:
- An introduction to Maven 2.0
- Creating, compiling and packaging your first project
- Best practices and real-world examples
- Building J2EE Applications
- Extending builds by creating your own Maven plugins
- Monitoring the health of source code, testing, dependencies and releases
- Team collaboration and utilising Continuum for continuous integration
- Converting existing Ant builds to Maven
I really hope this will be a production start for maven2 in production.The book is free of charge and can be downloaded from mergere at http://library.mergere.com
I have to admit that I am a real newbie for everything which is web-based. Recently, I had to setup a very basic web site for an association. The purpose is to publish information about their activities (description, comments, pictures, bla bla bla). On top of that, everything has to be in French which is blocker sometimes if you need to find very cool tools.
Well, I must say it’s really cool. I found a french translation of Joomla very easly. The community is very active with tutorials for newbie and all that.
Here’s two components that I have installed very easily:
And *NO* I won’t give you the URL of this association